Today I am going to expand on something that is near and dear to our heart as online marketers – traffic! Without traffic, we are all dead in the water.
You can have the best content, great videos, good offers, and bonuses that people really want and need, but if nobody sees your efforts (i.e. no traffic) you cannot sell a thing.
This article is intended to help you get your head around traffic generation. What to do and what not to do, tips to help you get more traffic and traffic that is targeted.
If you ask just about any online marketer on the planet if they have enough traffic, I would be willing to bet the answer will be “no.” All the marketers who’re pulling down the huge traffic numbers want even more traffic. Why do you think that is the case?
The reason is pretty simple: More traffic equals more customers, more sales and more cash. It all comes down to that.
The problem is that many marketers go about getting traffic in all the wrong ways. This means, of course, they do not get the traffic they want. They are making some deadly traffic mistakes.
When they make these mistakes, they only get a trickle of traffic when if they stopped the mistakes they could be having so much more traffic, leads and sales that come with the traffic.
So here is my question to you:
Are you making these deadly traffic and marketing mistakes too?
Find out by reading on…
Table Of Contents
As is normal for my articles these days, I have added a table of contents for your convenience. You can click on the icon here and quickly get to any section of the content that interests you most. Please do check out the entire article though before leaving, there are lots of tips and advice that will help you!
So let’s discuss some mistakes that marketers make when seeking traffic for their business…
Mistake 1: Cherry-Picking Traffic Methods
If you are like most of us, you have done a to of research and read books, blog posts, articles and other materials about how to get traffic. Based on all that research you likely have developed a plan for which traffic method or methods that you want to use and discarded the ones you’re going to skip for whatever reason.
Let’s stop right there…Hold up there for just a second…
Make sure that the reason you skipping that traffic source is a good one. If you think or even know that it won’t work, then that’s one thing.
An example might be trying to generate traffic from some decade-old, un-targeted source like a “start page” exchange as was done in the past makes sense to skip. Any effort to generate traffic from that is not going to work these days.
This is not what I am talking about. Rather I am speaking of ignoring proven traffic methods that are sure to bring targeted traffic to your site.
- Maybe you don’t feel like building a list or going through the trouble of publishing a blog. You don’t really feel like developing and committing to a publishing schedule and you do not want to get involved with auto-responder services.
- Maybe you are a loner so you don’t want to get joint venture partners or affiliates to work for you, just because you’re happier working alone.
- The idea of using social media nauseates you, even though your target market is young and known to hang out on Facebook, on Instagram, on Pinterest, on Snapchat, on TikTok, or some similar social platform all day.
What is a better solution than ignoring such streams of traffic that will help you succeed with your business? My suggestion is to hire someone to do it for you.
If you want to build a thriving business, be sure not to skip over a promising traffic source just because you don’t feel like doing it yourself. Outsource the work.
Your time is also worth something, so the money you pay will be money (time) that you have for other things in your business.
Let’s look at the next mistake you could be making…
Mistake 2: Not Being Consistent
If you are like most of us, you start off being really enthusiastic about driving traffic to your site(s).
You try to do everything at once and may run ads, getting involved in content swaps (guest blogging), blogging yourself, maybe setting up a Facebook business page, and dig into optimizing your pages for the search engines, and possibly even setting up an affiliate program… and so on.
You are all in, and working every available minute of the day getting all this done. You do it for a few weeks, and indeed the traffic starts coming in at a nice clip.
When you see that happening and track all the targeted traffic filling up the traffic logs you start diverting attention to something else on your list.
Many marketers, unfortunately (or mistakenly), think that if they stop working on their marketing (getting traffic), that somehow the traffic will just keep coming in on its own. After all, it has started to work, right?
But, of course, it simply doesn’t work that way.
The content swaps (guest posting) loses effectiveness as that shared content drops off the other blogger’s front page.
Your affiliates will start to lose interest and they will go seek out other opportunities.
The Facebook fans and blog readers you have generated will drift away when they see that there hasn’t been any new content or value-added in a while.
Your competitors in the search engines are still publishing and eventually knock your pages out of the top spots. No more page one rankings on the search engines, your content gets lost in the millions of other pages out there.
And of course, any paid ads don’t bring in any visitors if you stop the campaigns.
So here’s the point…
Generating traffic has to be worked every day, so you can keep the traffic you have and build more traffic over time.
Here are some examples of things you may do every day:
- Recruit new affiliates or joint venture partners. You might make it a goal to find five new partners before the week is out.
- Send an email to marketing partners. At a minimum, you can send them new tools to help their promotions, such as new ads, blog posts, and graphics. If you really want to get them hopping, then send out an announcement about an upcoming affiliate contest.
- Post something on your blog, on someone else’s blog, or on social media. Or do all three. Aim for something that will engage readers and start up a discussion.
- Create a viral video. This could be something funny, super-useful or even controversial. Then post it on social media and see if you get any traction.
- Send an email to your list. Then make it a point to do this regularly, as the only way to build a good relationship with them is by sending your list engaging content on at least a weekly basis.
- Start a Facebook ad campaign. Just be sure to use the ad platform’s power tool to get your ad in front of as targeted an audience as possible.
And so on.
In short: Small steps on a consistent basis lead to big results over time.
And now let’s cover the BIG third mistake…
Mistake 3: Skipping the Tracking and Testing
I have seen that many marketers will waste tons of time and money chasing after advertising strategies that simply don’t work for them.
They may be using ineffective ads or bad calls to action. Perhaps their lead pages suck. They could be posting ads in places where they’re getting almost no action-takers.
So why would someone keep throwing money and time at advertising that doesn’t work?
The answer is simple: Because these marketers have no idea their advertising doesn’t work.
And you know what?
Unless you are tracking and testing your ad campaigns, you too might be wasting a lot of money and time running lousy ads.
So what you need to do is start keeping careful track of what works and what doesn’t. You’ll need a tool to track and statistically test your ads and campaigns.
You can find plenty of tools around, such as Google Analytics, or the open-source alternative at Piwik.com.
Check your other tools, which may have built-in tracking.
One good example is your email service provider (auto-responder service), as many of the big providers can track open and click-through rates.
First decide what you’re going to test, be sure to test just one element of your ad campaign at a time, and once you have it optimized, move on to the next element.
That way, you can be confident that any change in the conversion rate is due to that one element, rather than something else.
For example, if you’re testing the best landing page to use you need to randomly split what your traffic sees and track the actions – you will be able to see which works better.
The idea is to maximize the traffic you are working on daily to get so your cost per acquisition drops and the lifetime value of that prospect goes up.
There are many more such tips that you can get access to using the lessons found in the training that we are now going to present to you…
Have a look and see if this training might be something worth an investment of your time and money…The offer is below after the next section…
These three simple mistakes many marketers make seem to be ones no one would make, but thousands of marketers make them every day.
If you make them too you’ll face dismal amounts of traffic.
So be sure to test everything, diversify your traffic methods, and take consistent steps every day to build your traffic.
Of course, the question remains, what all should you be doing to build your traffic? What are you missing or not doing effectively?
Another question: What is the best way to bring in targeted traffic? There are many methods out there, which one works best for your business or niche?
The answers to these questions and more can make or break your business…
This is why you’ll want to get your answers from the best source around: Our SMART Training – Traffic Generation Club course…
But don’t take my word for it – check it out for yourself below and click the link to find out what you’ve been missing.
And do it now, before this very special offer disappears.
Today we have a special offer that will help you get a SOLID start with increasing your traffic…It is from our SMART Training Courses and we call this the “Traffic Generation Club”…
Our SMART Training Course “Traffic Generation Club”
- You won’t find a better way to learn the truth about traffic generation to make it as an entrepreneur, so check it out now – and hurry, because this offer won’t last long. Right now it is on a VERY special sale price.
- There are 10 video modules in the training and tons of support material. Not only do you get the training, but you also will be joining a private support group for the training, access to some special bonuses and more…
- Using the coupon “SPECIAL27” you can pick up this $97 course for $27, and if you want a special bundle price for an additional 4 courses or 9 courses, we have that available too (save hundreds of dollars!).
- Our “Explainer” Video – This Will Give You Insight For This Offer
Note: The video goes into the Affiliate Profits Club Course (another one of our courses), but the procedure and the results are the same as for the Traffic Generation Club. You are going to get massive savings and also get access to top training courses with plenty of additional resources that will help you succeed faster and with ongoing help from other community members of the support channel, one that you will be a member of for life (at no additional charge)…
To help with your decision, even more, …Here is a screenshot of one of the sales page you will see (all 10 courses have similar pages and a banner at the top)…
Look at the bar at the top to get the special pricing – the pink button will take you to a special checkout page…
You can lower the costs all the way down to as low as $10 a course from the regular price of $97 if you select all 10 courses and $15 if you select only 5!
THAT is huge savings for you and you will have a complete set of training materials and support to get your own affiliate marketing program started.
In the support channels, you will learn about the best products to create and sell, learn how to market them, and use freelancers to get them on the market FAST. Chat with other students and Dave as well in the support platform channels to get timely advice on what to do so you sell more…
Here is a screenshot of the support channel site for Products Profits Club – you will see it is set up in a similar fashion to Facebook. Once you have purchased, you will be invited to join each channel that covers the courses you have access to…
See You On The Inside!
One more thing…
We have some fantastic bonuses for you too that will help you get started even faster with rolling out your products to the market. Be sure to check them out below!
Dave : )
We also have a set of 10 bonuses for you that will help you get started even faster with your business. Whether you buy one course or all 10 on the special pricing deal we have, you will get all 10 of these…A separate email will be sent to your purchase email address with the download links…
Here is what you are getting…
(1) BONUS # 1 – Creating Your First Start-Up ($27 Value)
(2) BONUS # 2 – Easy Video Sales Letter 101 ($27 Value)
(3) BONUS # 3 – The Beginner to Super Affiliate Edge ($27 Value)
(4) BONUS # 4 – Jump-start Your Email List ($27 Value)
(5) BONUS # 5 – Segmenting! Divide ‘N Prosper ($27 Value)
(6) BONUS # 6 – When Customers Always Win ($27 Value)
(7) BONUS # 7 – The Sales Page Intensifier ($27 Value)
(8) BONUS # 8 – It’s Time To Change Affiliate Tactics ($27 Value)
(9) BONUS # 9 – The Secret To Bridge Pages ($27 Value)
(10) BONUS # 10 – Data Driven Success ($27 Value)
Okay, ONE Last Reminder (Saves You from Scrolling Up)…
Get this special offer that will help you get a SOLID start with your own products and business…It is from our SMART Training Course Curriculum and we call this one the “Traffic Generation Club”…
Our SMART Training Course “Traffic Generation Club”