This is an Interview: Marketer Close Up With Carey Baird – What post activities are critical to your long term success? Carey Baird (Fresh Store Builder owner) tells us the key components for a successful launch in the exclusive interview. Take a look!
Posted by IMMarket News on Sunday, January 17, 2016
The new year is here, and as we all get started in earnest with our online marketing efforts for 2016, it is useful and inspirational to learn from those that have been there, have gone through the rigorous steps to create a product, know how to market the product,and have had success.
The video above is an interview of Carey Baird, who shares some his experience with us about his latest launch, Fresh Store which sold 325k USD of product (yes you read that right!) using affiliates and an affiliate network to get the product out to the masses.
There are many gems to be had in the video, the interviewer Kimberly did an excellent job pulling these out for us all to learn from!
Here are some that I picked up on:
- Carey is building a brand and a reputation, which are as important as the product
- He is continually reviewing his product creation and launch process to improve sales, as indicated by the increased total sales of $45k for this launch compared to his last launch (an increase of over 16%)
- Carey recommends sticking with one main set of products versus JVing with others and offering a wide range of products – it shows consistency of effort, allows focus on improving the line and brand
- Affiliate support is very important for successful launches, since they are bringing in the buyers for your product through their lists
- Overall you seek to build trust with the buyers and trust with the affiliates – this is accomplished with consistent efforts to create and offer only valuable and working products that are improved with each launch
- Support is crucial for the process both for affiliates and for the buyers of the product…Keep a well-trained team on board that grows in knowledge about the product as the product evolves – again consistency is key
- Minimize bad experiences for all during the entire process – reputation is so important not only for the launch, but long term
- Creating the product, prelaunch activities, and post launch activities are all important and must be planned for – the launch itself of 5-7 days represents only a small bit of the total process, the additional pieces of a product launch are crucial to have success
- It is important to build a business that you can walk away from for a break, especially after a launch, and know all the pieces are working, so the business continues to operate while away
This is a very interesting “Insider Look” at a product developer, how he thinks and how this affects his product creation and sales process.
Well worth 5 minutes of your time! Lots of lessons we can all use in OUR online business!
I would love to hear what you thought of the interview and the points taken away from it, and maybe how you can incorporate the lessons.
All the best for YOUR online marketing business in 2016!