Today we are going to have a look at some common mistakes that many business owners are making day in and day out with their efforts. They likely do not realize that they are making these mistakes, and sometimes it takes an article like this to have it jump out at them as they see the similarities as they read through the information.
The purpose of this article is to point out some common mistakes that business owners are making and offer some solutions to help readers have more success with their business, less stress, and more fulfilling experiences as entrepreneurs. It also will introduce readers to one of our best training courses called SMART Training – Power Marketers Club.
In any case…
If you’re starting a new business—or if you’re looking to grow your existing business—then you’ve probably spent a fair amount of time studying marketing strategies. That’s good. That’s important. But marketing strategies only won’t get you to where you want to be. This is particularly true if you’re making any of the following five mistakes we will expand on.
Take a look, and see for yourself…
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
As always, we like to add a TOC for readers so they can quickly navigate to the subject areas that most interest them. Click on the box and then on the area you want to get to first (don’t forget to check out the rest of the article though!)…
Let’s get started…
Mistake 1: Being Afraid to Negotiate
As a business owner, you get plenty of opportunities to negotiate.
- You can negotiate a better affiliate deal with a vendor. If you’re the vendor, you can negotiate better terms with your super affiliates.
- You can negotiate for better terms with your freelancers and employees.
- You can negotiate for lower rates or other perks from suppliers.
- You negotiate good deals between you and your joint venture partners or even your business partners.
Those are just a few of the most common negotiation opportunities that you may encounter on a fairly regular basis.
Now here’s the interesting part…
Most people never fully take advantage of these opportunities. In fact, most people never even attempt to negotiate. They feel silly. They feel afraid.
But what’s the worst that could happen?
Someone says no.
Big deal. Life moves on.
And what’s the best-case scenario?
Someone will agree to your terms, and you’ll end up getting a much better deal. Depending on what you’re negotiating, this could save or even generate thousands of extra dollars for you. It’s definitely worth at least asking if there’s room to negotiate.
Now here’s the next mistake…
Mistake 2: Letting Negativity Influence You
No matter how solid your business plan is or even how well you’re doing, there’s always going to be someone who tries to tear you down.
They’ll tell you your plans won’t work.
They’ll say you should go get a “real job.”
Even when you’re doing well, they’ll warn you that it won’t last.
This is actually a lot more common than you think. Even some of the greatest entrepreneurs in the world have had to deal with this sort of negativity. Take Walt Disney, whose own wife and brother laughed at his plans, and they told him no one would be interested in the types of films and animated characters he was developing.
Of course, we know how that story ended up. Today Disney is a household name, with an empire that includes amusement parks, movies, merchandise and more.
If Disney had listened to his family, that empire wouldn’t exist. And that’s why it’s so important for you to believe in yourself and persist, even when everyone around seems to be unloading their negativity on you. You need to let it slide off of you like water off a duck’s back.
Which brings us to the next mistake…
Mistake 3: Failing To Plan
When that negativity comes at you hard and fast, there’s one thing you can hold up as a shield to deflect it: a solid business plan.
When you have a solid business plan, that means you’ve thought through every part of your business in a great deal. For example:
- You’ve figured out your target market and learned as much as you can about them.
- You’ve designed a sales funnel, so you know what you’re going to sell to your target market.
- You’ve created a lead-generation and conversion strategy, so you know how you’re going to bring your target market to your website.
- You’ve studied your competitors to the degree that you even know their strengths and weaknesses.
- You’ve looked for opportunities and threats within your marketplace.
- You’ve thought through potential problems and come up with solutions an workarounds.
In other words, you’ve chosen a business model and a well-designed plan for turning a profit. And if you do this, you’ll be ahead of the vast majority of people who start a business. After all, if you’re failing to plan, then you’re basically planning to fail.
Mistake 4: Wasting Time
No one sets out to waste time intentionally. It’s not like you sit down at your computer at the beginning of the day and proclaim, “I think I’ll waste as much time as possible today.”
And yet it happens. You blink, the day is gone, and you’re nowhere near getting through your to-do list. That’s a lot of wasted time—and wasted opportunity.
So what you need to do is focus on ways to make yourself more productive. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Create and prioritize your to-do list. Before you go to bed at night, you should create a to-do list so that you know exactly what you need to do tomorrow. Be sure to prioritize this list so that your most crucial and important tasks are at the top of the list. In other words, focus on those tasks that deliver the biggest results to you.
- Try productivity apps. If you have trouble with distracting sites such as Facebook, then you may want to try a productivity app. These apps shut down all programs except for your essential programs, such as your word processor. This forces you to focus because your typical distractions are inaccessible.
- Use timers. Sometimes being productive is as simple as setting a timer for 20 minutes, and working as quickly as you can for the duration. If you keep setting a 20-minute timer throughout your allotted work time, you’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.
Mistake 5: Not Doing Market Research
A lot of business owners and marketers get product ideas, think the idea is awesome, and then rush out to create the product. But when they put the product up for sale, no one buys it. Tumbleweeds blow over the order form. There is not even a trickle of sales, much less a flood.
So what happened?
The business owner probably didn’t do their market research.
Don’t make this costly and time-consuming mistake. Instead, do some research to find out what your market is already buying. If they’re already purchasing a certain type of product in your niche, then there’s a very good chance they’ll buy your product.
This is particularly true if you follow these two guidelines:
#1. Create something better than existing solutions. In other words, don’t just create a “clone” or a “me too” product. Instead, improve the existing solutions. Create a better mousetrap, as the saying goes. Put out a product with more features and better benefits than anything else out there.
#2. set yourself apart from the competition. This means creating a USP (unique sales proposition) that tells your prospects why your products are different and better than the competing products. This is your succinct reason why people should buy from you instead of your competitors.
Let’s wrap things up…
Business Mistake Lessons For Today (and EVERY day)…
So now that you know about five of the most common mistakes that can derail your business, you need to take a good look at yourself to find out if you’re making any of these mistakes.
Chances are, you’re making at least one of these mistakes. In fact, most new business owners make several of these mistakes.
For example, if you’ve ever had a day pass you by where you didn’t get much done, then you know the importance of productivity.
Or if you’ve ever launched a product that flopped, then you know why it’s so important to do your market research.
The good news is that you now know to avoid these mistakes. And you can easily avoid many of the other top business mistakes too.
By joining so many other savvy marketers to become a Power Marketer’s Club member. This is a site developed by two of the net’s top marketers. These are two guys who’ve put multiple millions of dollars into their bank accounts over the years. They’ve been there, they’ve done that, and now they want to teach you the business strategies that will help you start or grow your business too.
SMART Training has been fortunate enough to get access to this training for its customers and at a very reasonable price too. They currently have an offer that will surprise you with how little it costs compared to the value you are getting. When the SMART Tools for Business Team put this offer together, they knew that they needed to make it stand above every other similar offer available. They did it.
Here is what you can get today at a super reasonable price:
Today we have a special offer that will help you get a SOLID start with your affiliate business…It is from our SMART Training Courses and we call this “Power Marketers Club”…
Our SMART Training Course “Power Marketers Club”
- You won’t find a better way to learn the truth about affiliate marketing, so check it out now – and hurry, because this offer won’t last long. Right now it is on a VERY special sale price.
- There are 10 video modules in the training and tons of support material. Not only do you get the training, but you also will be joining a private support group for the training, access to some special bonuses and more…
- Using the coupon “SPECIAL27” you can pick up this $97 course for $27, and if you want a special bundle price for an additional 4 courses or 9 courses, we have that available too.
- Explainer Video – This Will Give You Insight For This Offer
Note the video goes into the Affiliate Profits Club Course, but the procedure and the results are the same as for the Power Marketers Club. You are going to get massive savings and also get access to top training courses with plenty of additional resources that will help you succeed faster and with ongoing help from other community members of the support channel, one that you will be a member of for life at no additional charge)…
To help you even more secure this special deal…Here is a screenshot of the sales page (all 10 courses have similar pages and a banner at the top)…
Look at the bar at the top to get the special pricing – the pink button will take you to a special checkout page…
You can lower the costs all the way down to as low as $10 a course from the regular price of $97 if you select all 10 courses and $15 if you select only 5! THAT is huge savings for you and you will have a complete set of training materials and support to get your own affiliate marketing program started.
In the support channels, you will learn about the top 10 affiliate programs to promote, learn about all online affiliate programs, and you will see that affiliate programs do work if you plan how to approach the business and get some good advice). Chat with other students and Dave as well to get timely advice on what to do so you sell more…
Here is a screenshot of the support channel site – you will see it is set up in a similar fashion to Facebook. Once you have purchased, you will be invited to join each channel that covers the courses you have access to…
We look forward to seeing you on the inside. The course link again is here:
See You On The Inside!
Okay, we have covered some common business mistakes in this article and how to avoid making them and also pulled more out of our training package plus made you an offer that is more than reasonable for the SMART Training – Power Marketers Club Course and supporting resources and additional materials.
Now the next step is up to you. Pay a little money now and save a lot of money later through NOT wasting your time and energy (plus cash). We feel strongly that what you are going to get with the training course is going to help you grow faster and make more money than you thought possible.
To sweeten the deal, we have also added some bonuses that you can read about below. Once we have confirmed that your payment for the course or the bundle of courses has been processed, we will send you an email with the link to a page where you can download these courses that have a total value of $270.
We do look forward to your comments and questions as well below. We follow closely the activity that we get for each of our posts and do respond rather quickly. We like to hear from you, so do not hesitate to drop us a note. So we wish you the best for your business and look forward to seeing you on the inside!
Here is the link info again (click on the GREEN highlighted text to go directly to the sales page)…
Dave : )
We also have a set of 10 bonuses for you that will help you get started even faster with your business. Whether you buy one course or all 10 on the special pricing deal we have, you will get all 10 of these…A separate email will be sent to your purchase email address with the download links…
Here is what you are getting…
(1) BONUS # 1 – Creating Your First Start-Up ($27 Value)
(2) BONUS # 2 – Easy Video Sales Letter 101 ($27 Value)
(3) BONUS # 3 – The Beginner to Super Affiliate Edge ($27 Value)
(4) BONUS # 4 – Jumpstart Your Email List ($27 Value)
(5) BONUS # 5 – Segmenting! Divide ‘N Prosper ($27 Value)
(6) BONUS # 6 – When Customers Always Win ($27 Value)
(7) BONUS # 7 – The Sales Page Intensifier ($27 Value)
(8) BONUS # 8 – It’s Time To Change Affiliate Tactics ($27 Value)
(9) BONUS # 9 – The Secret To Bridge Pages ($27 Value)
(10) BONUS # 10 – Data Driven Success ($27 Value)