Today we are going to talk about membership sites. These are popular and with good reason. They have replaced the old forums that you used to see people interacting on (with some exceptions like Reddit) and they are a viable alternative to Facebook Groups, for which you do not own the platform and are have restricted features.
It’s no secret that membership models are crazy profitable. That’s why so many big companies (like Sam’s Club, Amazon and Apple) are setting up membership clubs and sites. It’s a great model because members pay you over and over again for months or even years to come. Plus you get a proven list of buyers to sell things to on the backend.
If you’re looking to add a residual income opportunity to your online business, then check out the four simple steps we discuss and use them to get started today with your own membership site…
Table Of Contents
As always, we like to add a TOC for readers so they can quickly navigate to the subject areas that most interest them. Click on the box and then on the area you want to get to first (don’t forget to check out the rest of the article though!)…
Let’s get started…
Step 1: Choose A Membership Model That Works For Your Needs
There is no “one size fits all” membership model. What you choose depends on your target market and what you’re selling. Here is a sampling of some of the most common membership site models:
- The monthly membership. As the name suggests, members pay a fee every month to retain access to the products or services. Examples of this model include Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited membership, your local gym membership, and even your cell phone provider.
- The annual membership. Here members pay yearly rather than monthly. Examples of this model include Amazon’s Prime Membership and members with an American Express charge card.
- The “pay once” membership. Here members pay once and get access to a membership site’s product or services forever. Sometimes you’ll see software or forums operating under this model.
- The free membership site. The idea here is that members need to register for a free account in order to get access to the site, so the owners get a nice list of email addresses. Many social networks such as Facebook and Twitter run on this model.
- The multi-tiered site. This is where prospective members get to choose a membership level that’s right for them, such as the bronze, silver or gold membership. Each tier comes with more value (and a higher price).
To get more information on these membership models so that you can pick the right one for you, check this SMART Training out (click on the GREEN highlighted text below):
Our SMART Training “Membership Marketers Club” Course
Next, let’s discuss the next step…
Step 2: Setting Up Your Membership Site
Your next step is to set up your site so that it works as smoothly and as hands-free as possible. Here are the two main components you need to snap into place to make that happen:
- The sales letter.
- The membership site itself.
The sales letter sits on the front page of your site, and it includes all the benefits people will receive once they sign up to be members. Your sales letter should include all the components of any other sales copy, including:
- Emotion. An emotional connection to the prospects (by telling a story or empathizing with prospects).
- Benefits. A focus on showcase the top benefits of the site. These benefits should appear in your headline, in your bulleted list of benefits, and even in the P.S. at the end of your letter (where applicable).
- Social Proof. This could be testimonials, photos, videos, screenshots, scans or anything else that proves the claims made in the sales copy.
- Risk reversal (a guarantee). Depending on the model you use, the guarantee may be different for each membership model, but it is important to have a clearly stated policy.
- A strong call to action. This is where you explicitly tell people to join, along with a good reason as to why they should join now. Naturally, you’ll include a payment button right next to the call to action.
Once people complete the order form, they’ll be taken to the membership site to register their account. How this part of your site is set up really depends on what sort of membership site you’re running.
- If you set out a set amount of training materials by an autoresponder, you may have people register by filling out an opt-in form for your mailing list. This way you can immediately start marketing and building the relationship with these people.
- If you’ve set up a more traditional membership site with content you need to protect from prying eyes, then you can use a membership site script (such as our membership access sites or any other number of possibilities). These scripts manage memberships, drip-feed content, protect content and they can even run your affiliate program if you so choose.
The platform that you use for your membership site can vary. There are some done for you solutions that may work very well for you like ProductDyno or our proprietary membership site (review to come on our offer). You might also consider a WordPress theme that is preset for membership site support, there are many available through ThemeForest for a reasonable price.
The key is to find one that is not too difficult to set up and operate for you. You want to have flexibility yet be able to learn how to use the membership site quickly. Buying one that is too complicated may make it harder to get the site live and also to maintain. I have experienced this myself and have gone with the simpler is better idea (and that has worked).
Once you have the framework and the sales page, you can also start planning for promoting the site. This means creating some simple graphics and short videos that will show what it is that you are offering. Here too initially, simple is better. A logo, an explainer video, some samples of the content, and links to your new sales page should suffice…
Once your site is all set up, but BEFORE you go live. you can move onto the next step…
Step 3: Planning and Creating Your Content
If you’re running a membership site that requires content (such as a PLR membership site or a training site), then you need to create this content before you launch. You can do this yourself if you have the time, skills and inclination. Otherwise, you may hire a freelancer to do it for you. Check out UpWork.com and eLance.com to find skilled writers, programmers, and other freelancers.
If you decide that you want to do everything yourself, it is a good idea to plan for that. Work out at least an annual plan that includes the major points that you want to have included so you have a map of where you are going. This will help you get things done that will show members that you are constantly adding relevant content and keep them coming back again and again (and paying again and again too).
TIP: If you’re setting up a monthly membership site (meaning you need to upload new content every month), then create at least three months of detailed content that is ready to be published upfront. This gives you a cushion in case your site launch keeps you super busy for a couple of months. It will give you time to work on the content and milestones that you have set up for the year too.
Okay, On To The Next step…
Step 4: Promoting Your Membership Site
Once your sales page is up, your membership site is in place and the content is uploaded, then it’s time to unleash its awesomeness on the world. Here are a few ways to do it:
- Put an affiliate program in place and offer lifetime commissions to your marketing partners. This means that they get commissions on monthly fees for as long as their customer remains a member.
- Do co-promotions with other people in your niche. This means they promote your site, and you promote their products or services in return.
- Blog about your membership site. Not only should you be telling your own blog visitors, but you can do guest blogging as well.
- Spread the word on social media. You might even create a viral campaign and use a tool like PerkZilla to spread the word far and spread it fast.
- Buy ads. One could place to start is on Facebook, as their advertising platform lets you really hone in on your target market. You might also try Google AdWords, as well as purchasing ads in your niche.
That’s not an exhaustive list of advertising strategies by any stretch of the imagination, but it does give you a good place to start, plenty of traffic, and lots of new members.
So, what do you think so far?
Are You Ready To Get Started With Your Membership Site?
If you’ve ever crunched the profit numbers for running a membership site, then you know it’s very enticing. Just imagine charging people $20 a month to be a member – it only takes 500 members and you’ll break the magic $10,000 a month income level. And that doesn’t even include the big profits you can make on the backend of a membership site!
So listen, if you like the idea of running a membership site – if you’d like to join other smart businesses such as the likes of Amazon and Apple – then your next step is to get the inside scoop from two guys who run successful money-making membership sites all over the web. They have some training that we have incorporated into our training program and we are offering it to you at a SPECIAL PRICE!
We have tapped into their training for YOUR benefit…Check it out now…
Today we have a special offer that will help you get a SOLID start with your affiliate business…This is our SMART Training Course we call the “Membership Marketers Club…
Our SMART Training “Membership Marketers Club” Course
- You won’t find a better way to learn the truth about MEMBERSHIP SITES, so check it out now – and hurry, because this offer won’t last long. Right now it is on a VERY special sale price.
- There are 10 video modules in the training and tons of support material. Not only do you get the training, but you also will be joining a private support group for the training, access to some special bonuses and more…
- Using the coupon “SPECIAL27” you can pick up this $97 course for $27, and if you want a special bundle price for an additional 4 courses or 9 courses, we have that available too.
- Explainer Video – This Will Give You Insight For This Offer
Note the video goes into the Affiliate Profits Club Course, but the procedure and the results are the same. You are going to get massive savings and also get access to top training courses with plenty of additional resources that will help you succeed faster and with ongoing help from other community members of the support channel, one that you will be a member of for life at no additional charge)…
To help you even more secure this special deal…Here is a screenshot of the sales page…
Look at the bar at the top to get the special pricing – the pink button will take you to a special checkout page…
You can lower the costs all the way down to as low as $10 a course from the regular price of $97 if you select all 10 courses and $15 if you select only 5! THAT is huge savings for you and you will have a complete set of training materials and support to get your own affiliate marketing program started.
In the support channels, you will learn about the top 10 affiliate programs to promote, learn about all online affiliate programs, and you will see that affiliate programs do work if you plan how to approach the business and get some good advice). Chat with other students and Dave as well to get timely advice on what to do so you sell more…
SMART Training Support Platform and Channels
Here is a screenshot of the support channel site – you will see it is set up in a similar fashion to Facebook. Once you have purchased, you will be invited to join each channel that covers the courses you have access to… This shot is of the actual channel for this training course. There is a separate channel for each course (and many other subjects too)…
This training course site will show you how to get your own membership site up and running fast, plus you’ll find out the secrets of extracting the money out of the back-end of the site. So get your site set up the right way by checking out the link above right now – and hurry, because there’s a special offer on that page that may end at any time.
We have discussed in very simple terms how to get your own membership site up and running in just a few simple steps. Of course, there are a lot of smaller steps that you must get in place as well, and that is where our support comes in, The extras that you get from us will provide you a place to get questions answered, get tips and ideas from fellow marketers, and to add in your own as well. A community is what you are getting.
The big companies know that membership sites can rake in huge amounts of cash for them while providing a ready audience of warm or active buyers that are ready to buy what they are offering again and again (and pay for the privilege!). There is no reason that the great idea you have cannot be fleshed out so you can do the same!
Our training course will provide you a base from where you can start, and the support channel will help you along the way. You also will get access to other materials, resources, and tools that will help you in your quest to start making money online within the support site and channels. We will be glad to have you with us for sure!
If you have questions or comments, please leave them below. We will get back to you and get you answers or solutions that will help you as you make crucial decisions on the membership model to use, the platform to select, and what kind of content to add. Price points can be discussed, the design of the site, and more…
See you on the inside! Oh, by the way, we also have a set of bonuses for you that you will get access to when you become a member of the Membership Marketers Club Training Course. Have a look below and once we have confirmed that your payment has cleared, we will be sending you an email with access links to all the bonus materials!
Here again, is the link to get started. Be sure to take advantage of the special pricing that we have in place through using the special link at the top of the sales page, and if you want to save even more money select the upgrade on the checkout page too. There you will have a chance to add to your savings even more!
We look forward to seeing you on the inside. The course link again is here:
Dave : )
We also have a set of 10 bonuses for you that will help you get started even faster with your business. Whether you buy one course or all 10 on the special pricing deal we have, you will get all 10 of these…A separate email will be sent to your purchase email address with the download links…
Here is what you are getting…
(1) BONUS # 1 – Creating Your First Start-Up ($27 Value)
(2) BONUS # 2 – Easy Video Sales Letter 101 ($27 Value)
(3) BONUS # 3 – The Beginner to Super Affiliate Edge ($27 Value)
(4) BONUS # 4 – Jumpstart Your Email List ($27 Value)
(5) BONUS # 5 – Segmenting! Divide ‘N Prosper ($27 Value)
(6) BONUS # 6 – When Customers Always Win ($27 Value)
(7) BONUS # 7 – The Sales Page Intensifier ($27 Value)
(8) BONUS # 8 – It’s Time To Change Affiliate Tactics ($27 Value)
(9) BONUS # 9 – The Secret To Bridge Pages ($27 Value)
(10) BONUS # 10 – Data Driven Success ($27 Value)